Monday, August 30, 2010

The Fall is upon us

This morning at around 5.45 am, a loon was singing out in the lake - I love that sound, at this time of year though it also is a harbinger of fall - we have lost all the heat on the lake it seems and that is a little sad - there are lots of things that I love about the fall but this summer has just whizzed by.

September is going to be fun though - we have several large tours arriving to take advantage of the fall wine season - which is nice - the wine season extends our tourist season well into October which really didn't use to be the case.

Some of our itineraries for both the north and south Okanagan have evolved nicely this year, in the south the 5 hour tour has really been better received by our guests - so next year, I will look at how often I offer the 3 hour "Simply Sipping"

The Map Book and Visitor Planner sales have gone well - so we should be finished up on time and start the distribution process - that does take more time and energy than I previously imagined - maybe I am just getting a little older. I am pleased with some of the new ideas in the book this year - so the product is evolving nicely to a premiem product in our marketplace. Yahoo!! it has been a lot of work over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment